Reflection

With the amount of media I consume, I use media a lot in just a day. This impacts my life because of how certain things on the media being shown is influencing me and my decisions in my life. During this semester, I have started to become more aware of the techniques advertisers are using when they are showing their audience, including me, their new ideas or products. For example, whenever ads pop up or when I see signs hung up on the windows of shopping areas, I see what the advertisers are trying to sell for what reasons and catch any false advertising. Throughout this semester, being able to do these blogs/journals on media was surprisingly fun and interesting. I thought that reading other people’s insight on media and advertising was good for me because I got to learn things from others in my class and I also was able to better understand things we learned in class. I also like these journals because I really liked doing the free posts. I was able to do my own observations and I liked how I was able to shared them and things I enjoy watching or listening to and how they make me feel or what they make me think. I feel like it’s important to be an educated consumer because you want to know what is really being sold or told you. It also helps us understand why advertisers use certain techniques and being educated makes us capable of learning from these things in our lives that happen to show up in our lives. Being able to learn more and understand deeper into media and what we consume is good because I feel like we find new ways on how things on media affect us that we never realized before. Now that we realize how certain things affect us or our lives, it helps either make things better from it or improve from it and that’s why it’s helpful for us. After learning much about the amount of media I have consumed. But, all I know is that it has affected my life in a very health and positive way. Now that I know how things make me feel and or think, specially in a negative way, I found myself changing these habits and steering away from the negative and I’m always trying to stay positive. I also found myself trying to put my phone down more and paying more attention to other things like other actives I can do to keep myself busy. One of the things I really loved and got to do because of putting all my social media down/off, was that I got to go out more. I got to appreciate people’s time like with friends or family and I got to enjoy the outside and spend time with my dogs a lot more than before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Representation

Universal Studios and Love Marks

Current Relationship with Media