Bazzi - Dreams

- Free Choice -

I watch a lot of music videos for inspiration because I like to edit and make my own videos. Bazzi, an  American singer, rapper, song writer, and record producer, caught my eye on his music videos and not necessarily the lyrics of his songs. A lot of times, many music videos from other artists have a number of similarities. As for Bazzi, his videos to me seem to be uncommon and I think that's what separates him from other songwriters. I'm not really sure why, but his music video called "Dreams", reminded me of surreal art or surrealism and I thought that was interesting and made his video stand out to me. I also thought it was "weird" because of it's editing style. It was odd, but in a cool way. It also showed different types of art and color making this another reason why this music video was interesting. 

Comments

  1. I agree with you that this video is very surreal especially with the dripping clock at one point which is like the surrealist artist Dali. I have never really seen a music video like this because it is weird. I feel like most rappers do have that fake, fun, and weird look but to me this one is just weird which might because of the editing over the video. It looks to me like I could have gotten the editing off of video star but it is still a good video because it is so different from others. I think that is ultimately how Bazzi is though. He is a different artist and I don't really know another artist that has similar music to him, do you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Representation

Current Relationship with Media

Universal Studios and Love Marks